The fun way to be like an octopus in a garage
Octodad: Dadliest Catch is an innovative game in which you will take the place of regular family man with his regular day life, except for the fact that he is an octopus in the human world. Developed by a group of students that formed Young Horses studios, the first download edition is available for PC and a later release for PS4 featuring the same crazy gameplay.
The story of Octodad: Dadliest Catch places our dear cephaloprotagonist in a model family, father to a girl and a boy with a caring wife. The main issue is that they don’t really know that they are living with an octopus, no matter how hard it can seem, and your main objective is to keep things that way while your wife’s mistrust grows with disastrous consequences. The family visit to the local aquarium puts this obvious secret at risk with really funny situations like an evil chef looking for some fish for his sushi.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch has a technical aspect that is really strong, better for the physics aspect than for the graphics. On the visual part, the modelling and recreation of the characters make them look like a cartoon series with colorful motifs. The physics is the main aspect of the title, and the reason that makes it special is not so much the very nice moves for the octopus but the unwieldy feeling that provokes comical situations. The environments are fully interactive so the different elements can be grabbed and used for your purposes.
Octo-way of life
Playing as a cephalopodan creature has never been so funny as this time around. The controls make the game very unstable in the best sense of the word. There are times in which moving Octodad properly becomes a difficult task, destroying all you find in front of you like commercial stands or decorative elements.
You will have total control of each limb by itself, which means that you will have to properly coordinate your actions for doing simple tasks such as getting an object from a shelf. One funny mode is to gather some friends in a co-op multiplayer session and control on limb each one, changing the gameplay. This assures great laughs with the wacky moves Octodad will do.
Playing as a cephalopodan creature has never been so funny like as time around
This game provides different ways for controlling it according to the devices you have. You can combine the classic keyboard and mouse configuration, use a game console pad such as PS3 or Xbox 360, or even play with Windows 8 touchscreens since they are supported by default without any additional download for adapting the game to the gameplay you feel more comfortable with.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Full Version Features
Check the features of Octodad: Dadliest Catch:
- Wacky physics system that makes the game unpredictable each time you play it
- Find the secret ties that are placed all over the different stages on the game
- Supports for several kinds of game pads and physical computer interfaces such as touchscreens and XInput controllers for adapting to your style
- Create additional levels that you can download for free from the different computer services for PC, Mac and Linux
- Play in a co-op multiplayer game mode, each member controlling a different limb and wait to release chaos in form of home destruction
- Multiplatform release for Windows, Mac, Linux and PS4 for enjoying the title on different systems
For further details, you are free to check the official website through this
Check the specifications for your computer to run Octodad: Dadliest Catch:
- Operating System: PS4, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Mac OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, Ubuntu 12.04 or newer
- Video Card: NVidia 8800 GT, Intel Core HD Graphics 3000, ATI Radeon HD 4850
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Hard Disk: 3GB free space
- DirectX 9.0 for Windows